It is very much necessary for the parents to make their babies to sleep on the flat surface with free of blankets, pillows or other bedding surfaces until the age of 1, according to the American academy of the pediatrics safe sleeping guidelines for babies. The only thing which you need to provide to your baby is that simple fitted sheet in which still there is no need of celebrating your little one’s first birthday just purchasing the pillow and it is very much better to wait until your baby gets transitions to the toddler bed.
Where this transition can happen between 18 months and 3 ½ years old of the baby and in which you need to follow this until your baby shows active interest in having the pillow for sleeping. When the time does comes to give your tot a pillow then just avoid the adult sized models tot pillows in favour of firm, small toddler pillow in which you also need to keep extra fabric out of the mix just by skipping the pillowcase.
Pillows are not suggested for the children under the age of 2
Though these pillows are selling with the crib bedding items, pillows are not suggested for the children under the age of 2 where the kids that are little and they can easily feel comfortable. Actually, the middle age kids don’t require the pillows. Often many of the parents think that providing the pillow to baby provides the extra comfort, without realizing that their child will be good and fine without keeping these pillows.
If you are willing to give a pillow to your baby, then you can give it when your child moves from crib to the bed. If you wish to give your baby a pillow while he/she is sleeping in the crib then ensure that the pillow is of firm and small. Ensure that you stay away from the feather pillows that are too soft; this can set off allergies and can smoother your child head when it sinks into the pillow while the baby is sleeping.
The right age for baby can sleep with pillow
- Babies and adults are very different where this is because a pillow can block the baby’s mouth and nose and can cause a baby to be more comfortable and suffocate one, so it is very much necessary to select the best pillow for baby with flat head.
- On average there are 32 infant deaths are happening on year due to the pillows used for the babies where this makes the baby head to be in improper position while sleeping. The majority of these infant deaths involves to the infants in their first three months of their life.
- It is very much necessary for the parents to safely use the pillows for their children who are about 11/2 years old or at the same age at which the parents can safely move their children out of the crib and either into a mattress or onto the baby’s toddler bed which is on the floor.
- When your sweet newborn crossed the walking or crawling stage of life then it seems that your baby has grown up and she/he is ready to sleep with blanket or pillow. It might seem like that you adding soft, fluffy accessories to their crib where this could make your baby to feel more comfortable while sleeping.
- The truth is that your baby does not know what she/he is missing, though it is found to be scary to think about the blankets, pillows or other bedding items, it creates a potential for strangling or suffocation and this increases the risk for the baby and leads to sudden infant death syndrome.
The above are some of the reasons that explains there is no real reasons to add extra bedding to your baby’s crib, so when your make your baby to sleep on the pillow then ensure that you select the best pillow for baby with flat head only then your baby can sleep well without any pain and feels comfortable during his/her sleep. There are number of pillows are available in the market for babies where you need to check the material of the pillow in which it is made up of, when you select according to that then you can choose the best pillow for your baby to sleep well.